Stat

Monday, August 8, 2022

Killing someone today

Twice, when I've killed characters, I've known when I created them.  Name.  Description.  Then the realization.  Oh, shit.  This character is going to die.

Today is a hell of a lot more delicate.  The scene is massive.  

There will be a huge fight scene, character introductions, and a major character death.  I fucking feel like a writer for Marvel™.

Currently eating my granola and yogurt, trying to pump myself up to ruin my day.  Because as much as readers will mourn characters who pass, it's the writers who will carry that grief for a lifetime.  We created them.  Loved them.  They will always be a part of us.  

"Kill your darlings."

Fucking awesome.  Pass me the damn Kleenex.

Always writing*

...and killing people today, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment