Stat

Sunday, August 14, 2022

Feeling myself

I believe we've discussed my slight obsession with post-it notes.  My desk is currently filled with them from mouse pad all the way to the end of my desk.  I use the pink ones to keep my word count for MG.  I write the title, date, start word count, and finished word count.  

August 1st, I was sitting at 32,723 words.  It's August 14th, and I'm starting at 56,482 today.  Hope to break 60,000.  Pretty sure I will.  Another 15,000-20,000 after that, and I should be finished with this first book of three.

Consistency.

Some days I want to write so bad, and I only eke out a couple thousand words.  Yesterday started slow, and I was displeased.  Finally picked up in the afternoon, and I finished with 4,041 for the day.  Like to think I'll manage that today.

This is my current love affair.  As an author, you fall in love with your works over and over again.  I suppose that's why some authors write multiple works at once.  I do no more than three, but I usually only stick with two.  In all fairness, I focus on one with one in the background.  But being in love is everything.  That's what writing is.  Being in love.  It's intoxicating.  

I'll toddle back to MG.  She's having a bit of a moment right now, and I'm enjoying every second of it.

Always writing*    

No comments:

Post a Comment