Stat

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

It's about that time

I always know for certain it's time to wrap up a book when I start on another.  MG is around 5000-7000 out, but I'm already making notes and writing scenes for DD which is MG:  Book 2.  It's not a conscious thought.  I simply switch gears and begin incorporating story into scenes and dialogues I'll use.

Bad news?  I was doing that while trying to fall asleep last night.  Because of course I was.  When the good stuff comes, you don't stop it.  You let it flow.  It's like floating in a warm bath full of sparkles and relaxing music all around.  As hard as my brain was working, it's completely relaxing.  It's literally in the flow.  You're not riding the wave.  You ARE the wave.

DD is much darker.  You can't completely destroy one's reality and think they'll bounce back like those damn rubbery balls.  Resilience is one thing.  Actuality is another.  Our girl is the reigning champion of pulling herself up.  But she doesn't realize there's been a foot on her neck the entire time.

Don't want to leave my girl in limbo.  Give her a little happiness before I show her what she's really up against.  Wish us luck.

Always writing*

No comments:

Post a Comment