Stat

Thursday, August 4, 2022

I'm working

I take my writing incredibly seriously.  I work on it from eight in the morning until four or five in the evening.  I do break for smoothies and meals.  I blog every few days.  I need to pick up Twitter again.  I query.  I research.  I make notes.  I work.

Writing is serious.  Four to five thousand words is a good day.  Three thousand is average.  Anything less is a bit disappointing.  Unless I've made up for it in notes or queries.

Yes.  I did retire from an eight-to-five job.  But I have another one.  A more important one.  I'm not watching Netflix or Amazon Prime, eating bonbons, and lounging in my pajamas.  

I'm not sure if any other person, besides a writer, understands the complexity and immersion of being one.  Probably a good thing.  Also a lonely thing.  

I'll be in my Sanctuary over here.  Writing books.  Having adventures.  Weaving words and worlds.  Living in my head and yours.  This is everything.  

Shhhhh...I'm working.

Always writing*

No comments:

Post a Comment