Stat

Thursday, August 11, 2022

Blue Dot

I was not born with an inner compass.  I can turn myself around in a Kohl's.  When I lose myself in the city, I pull up Maps and blue dot myself.  As in, oh!  Crystal is here.  No word on how many times that has happened.  Though I do pull over when I do this.

Yesterday, it was a bit cooler in the morning, and I decided to take a walk in the neighborhood.  My usual is basically a straight line there and back twice.  About a 5K.  But this is Oklahoma, and by God, let's have construction falling out of our asses.  EVEN in my neighborhood.  😡

I decide to turn right instead of going straight into the workers only to discover that I can't turn right or left at the end of that block.  It only curves around to the right.  A lot.  Of curves.  I come out not knowing where in the hell I'm located.  I look left.  Right.  Forward.  Check out street signs.  Squint.

Ah.  Two blocks down.  That's my main road.  I hadn't walked long enough.  I turn left.  Music is playing.  I'm seeing roads I've never seen before.  I continue.  THEN...I get excited.  I have something in me that kicks in which I will call my "wild hair."  When this happens, everything else goes to hell.  Mostly, my common sense.  

I think I'm on the road where there is this really neat little body of water that snakes through our housing place.  Keep in mind, I have to walk back the way I came.  I have forgotten this sweet little tidbit at this point in time.

And...I was right!  Since I'm there, I may as well walk up that little hill to the main road and then turn around.  Sure.  Great.  Fantastic.

Oh.  Indeed.

Moderation and I are on nodding terms.  I don't remember walking halfway down on the way there.  I will, however, remember walking UP most the way home.  My hips, today, are also being kind enough to remind me.

Would I do it again?  I'm actually looking at Friday for another jaunt.  My wild hair and I are excited.








Always writing*

...with my sore-ass hips

No comments:

Post a Comment