Stat

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

And it goes on and on and on...

Have that song in my head.  It's also appropriate.

Finished Mercenary Girl AKA "Canary" on Saturday with 73,169 words.  Letting it sit for around a week before I even glance at it again.  Now it's Tuesday, and I'm making notes on DD, which is the second book in the series.  There are scenes coming to me.  Dialogue, of course.  Because I can't simply sit and watch a show or read a book when my mind is engaged elsewhere.  

I promised myself long ago I wouldn't close the floodgates if I ever had the opportunity to leave them open.  Writing is what I'm happiest doing.  Yes, it's full-time all the time.  Yes, it keeps me awake and wakes me early.  Yes, I will drift off in mid-conversation while either of us is talking because I hear other things in my head.  It's the best.

I told the Honey the other day that if I were born in a different time, I would have been one of those women locked up in Bellevue Hospital with a piece of chalk happy as clam to write on the walls while I listened to the voices in my head.  I've no doubt I would have ended up somewhere neurodivergent people were placed.

Now I'm off to make more notes and maybe even jot down a beginning to the continuation of MG's story.  She thinks she only has a few ends to tie up, but that's never quite the case, is it?  Because the story only darkens farther until she's not even sure there was any light to begin with.

Always writing*

No comments:

Post a Comment