Stat

Thursday, August 13, 2026

Preorders and newsletters

Here I go again...testing my own boundaries.
I would say I'm "old school", but I'm that and simply old.
What I love about the written word is that it's not only a young person's game. Writers can jump in at any point in time and give it a go.
Or...keep going.

I've had 3 preorders. 
These are a massive gift to the unsure. 
What?
You want my book?
Sight unseen???
Do you need a kidney? Cornea? Name it.
The amount of excitement I feel when getting a preorder is truly unholy. 
There's a small dance and hip wiggle.
Because EXCITEMENT!
And I ride that dopamine high the entire day.

And for things I fucked up the first time but now will have help with...AKA...someone else in charge--is newsletters.
I had the best intentions.
And I tried, people.
I tried.
But I quite sucked.
And that's fine.
Recognition is the first step. Stepping away is the second. I've laid the groundwork for my PA to pop in and throw those bad boys together.
Gathering sigs now for the list.
And that's another thing.
You're giving me your email? To learn more about me and my books?

Is this...is this heaven?

I'm constantly surprised and delighted by reader response. 
I live for it.
It is the one constant that keeps me going. 
Would I still write? I would.
But readers make my world go 'round.


Excited for this Saturday and Book Me Romance. 
Dopamine...sweet dopamine.








No comments:

Post a Comment