Let's be honest. We want an agent to contact US about representation, and we want to sell ALL THE BOOKS at book events.
Because=human.
But let's take a look at what a book event can do:
1. I gave out every one of my business cards I had. Probably around 150 at the last event.
2. Sales at the event.
3. At the previous event, there were six book orders placed within that week.
4. After this last event, my traffic, on site, went up 3%. While that may not sound like much, it's a literal ton compared to daily activity.
5. Putting your name out there. Being visible to readers.
6. Letting readers have a face to a name.
Some tables at these events are a bit costly. Authors need to weigh several variables before they blow $200-$500 on a one-day event.
Number of tickets sold.
Expected crowd number.
Type of book event.
Author recommendations. (This is huge.) Word of mouth works everywhere.
Repeat attendee for said event.
There are a lot more events popping up in smaller cities which are imperative to study. If you can get in on the inaugural event, you can have that foothold to create relationships and build strong author to author and author to reader bonds.
Love the familiar faces on both sides.
Travel.
The farthest I travel now is Ft. Smith. I can do about three hours in a car. Then I need to be horizontal with a pharmacy of pills within my reach.
I love doing shows in Oklahoma.
Local people are incredibly supportive.
All in all, if you've a book or two out, you may want to consider investing in a book event. It'll invest in you.
No comments:
Post a Comment