Stat

Monday, August 10, 2026

Gearing up for Book Me Romance 2026

I needed rubber bands the other day. Okay, one rubber band. My middle child child's fan had two stripped screws, tiny bastards, that refused to budge. Read online I could put a rubber band over it, and then use a screwdriver to loosen. I couldn't find my BAG of rubber bands. I thought I had some on my desk. I did not. Then, thought maybe in my Sanctuary closet.

The Sanctuary closet is special, as in it holds everything I don't have another place for. Plus, all my books are in there.
Have a rolling book cart from my last job, with two top rows and two bottom, split in the middle. That's on the left. Then, shelves on the right. High shelves I need a stepladder to reach.
I brailed all the usual places. No such luck.


And I, in my ADHD madness at this point, decided fuck it I'm cleaning out the Sanctuary closet.
I will remind all how short-sighted I sometimes am. 
Yeah. Probably take me two or three hours.

Or, not so much. 
Three days later, and now all I need to do is dust and vacuum. No, um, specific timeframe for that. 
heh

That leads me to the absolute wonderness of a clean closet, all my books in clear totes, a new fucking wagon to put all my shit in at conferences and events, and a sense of accomplishment that will last three or four days, max.
Broke down enough Amazon boxes I'm almost ashamed.



I usually take sparkly bags with me to events with my business card, stickers, and an old-school library book due date slip.
I think I finally gave away all 500 of them. The last at Red Dirt Romance Book Event.
I toyed with not having these little gems but decided to do so, anyway.
Gold bags coming in tomorrow.
Bought over 100 of those 24K gold eye mask things you put under your eyes. New stickers. 
I'll be throwing those together Tuesday or Wednesday.

Hard to believe I'll be driving to Ft. Smith this Friday afternoon.
I don't think the cord between Murphy and me stretches that far.
First night we've been apart.
And he still is insecure about some stuff.
Send me good thoughts! And some to Murphy!

No comments:

Post a Comment