Stat

Monday, May 6, 2024

Storms, stock, and starving

I go to my yearly doc visits. I go for my physical and med check. I go for my "well woman" because she prescribes the mini-pill that guarantees I don't have a period (last was Dec. 2019). I go for the boob squish. The last two, in particular, are not a good time.
But I go.

My PCP has been pushing a colonoscopy for quite some time. I put it off. For years. Finally, I agreed. Partly, because I heard there was a pill prep, and I cannot drink the liquid prep. I would throw it back up. It simply wasn't an option. 

My colonoscopy is tomorrow, and today is liquid diet day. I've never even tried a liquid diet. You know, for shit and giggles back in the day to lose weight. Never crossed my mind. Approximately three hours into this bullshit, and here's why...I need food. 😂

I picked up 7-Up, apple juice, beef broth, and chicken broth. I've had a cup of 7-Up, and I'm drinking my usual ice-water. The real fun doesn't start until five this evening, when I start taking the twelve pills every two minutes to start what I'll call "the clearing." By then, I'm sure I'll have lost my will to live. Sometime in the wee hours of the morning, we do another 12-pill shot and drink more water. Then...NO WATER. I hope they can find a vein in the husk of a being I've become. 😒

This evening will also be a party, while I'm bonding with the porcelain, because Oklahoma is in the bullseye for a bad storm. Hail, long-track tornadoes, and lots of damage if things ramp up. I have my own anxiety, of course, then a large amount for my kids and gbabies who ALSO live in central Oklahoma. So all parts of my being will be on high alert. If I have to throw Simba into the bathtub while I'm still on the throne, it's going down. Nothing is cute when your weather map looks like this:












Wish me well today. I'll be chugging chicken broth, weather-watching, and *ahem* clearing things out.

Crystal*

No comments:

Post a Comment