Stat

Thursday, May 30, 2024

A better mouse trap

Returned from my Authors on the Riverwalk 2024 book event. I sold some books. A few authors did not. Always makes me sad when I see everyone putting on their party dresses, and we don't have many party guests. These tables were decked out with all sorts of swag, merch, and books. 
Maybe the timing was a bit off with Memorial Day. Maybe some didn't realize it was actually that day. I don't know. I do know Des Moines, Iowa is a lovely place to visit.

When things don't work as I planned in my head (do they ever? really???), I try not to overthink. Emphasis on try. I instantly put on the "what can I do to make it better?" cap. I'm wearing it now.

It came to me this morning. 
Build a better mouse trap.

Guys. I have cheese. I have SO MUCH CHEESE. I need to figure out the best way to use it. That's the struggle. And it is real. 🐭

I've borrowed ideas from other authors that worked for them. 😊 They're good ideas, and I'm glad to implement them. But I haven't found IT. My IT. But I feel like I'm circling it. 
Closer.
Closer.
Yessssssssssssssssssssssss.

Always writing*

No comments:

Post a Comment