Stat

Friday, May 3, 2024

Weebles wobble

It's been roughly three decades (or so?) since I've been on a bicycle. The Honey has an electric one and wanted me to have one like hers. That's a hard pass because sometimes my wee brain goes into a fog. And the last thing I need to worry about is a throttle on a bike and accidentally pressing it. Because I would do this.
I would SO do this.
*ahem*
We bought a bike from WM forever ago. Had to take it into the shop for all sorts of minor issues. They fixed it right up. And it's been sitting in the garage since. Probably three weeks or so.
NOW.
She is a chill bike. Pink. Kind of looks like a beach cruiser. I even have a little white basket in front. 😊
Lovely.
I decide yesterday I'm doing it. Wasn't raining. Seventies. Slight breeze. Little bit of fear. Because I have a three year-old new right hip. She is comfy. We don't want to upset her at all. No jostling, bumping, and God forbid, falling.
Hop on the bike, the seat is ridiculously high. I lower it all the way down. Calm myself. 
I now need to work on my balance since I need to grab something with my left hand to swing my right leg, either over the middle or the seat, and have no balance. I am straddling the bike. M'kay.

All I need now is to trust myself to put my feet on the pedals and balance my weeblyliciousness. 😐
I can juuuuuuusttttt touch the concrete when I'm straddling it. I pull my legs up and wibble wobble for a minute until I straighten myself out.
Woot!
Feet are pedaling. I only go back and forth down the block. Turning is hazardous at first. Almost eat it when I stop to get a drink. Then that old meme comes to mind.















I would have fallen into grass and would have laughed at myself. But others would have probably been alarmed. 😂

Honestly, I felt pretty good on the pedals. A bit freer. Wind through my hair. Going to make her a part of my weekly routine. Here's to staying upright! 😁

Always writing*
...and trying not to fall on my ass...

No comments:

Post a Comment