Stat

Monday, January 2, 2023

Writer Speak

Writers have several languages all their own.  I personally have a shit ton of conversations aloud which will make sense to no one but me.  Smile and wave.

But here are some key terms I can translate for those of you lucky enough, ahem, to have writers in your lives:

1.  I'm writing today.
Translation:  I have placed my hands on the keyboard while my WIP was open.  Effort was put forth.  I may have written 1 or 5000 words.  DO NOT ASK.

2.  I'm doing research.
Translation:  I needed some innocuous last names, and I think I may have Googled a little too much information, and if the FBI knocks at the door, tell them I'm a WRITER!  I should already be on some type of list. 🤔

3.  I'm blogging today.
Translation:  Should I tell people I know how much a pinky finger weighs?  Or that the best finger to cut off is the index?

4.  These characters are impossible!
Translation:  Is there a GOOD reason I put my character in a situation I now can't seemingly write them out of?  Way to go, Einstein...

5.  I'm in a mood.
Translation:  My characters are either going to fight or have sex or both.

6.  Fuckity fuck fuck fuck
Translation:  Fuckity fuck fuck fuck

A few simple translations.  But honestly?  If we're writing, avoid us like a grenade without the pin.  😁  

Always writing*
...or blogging...or thinking of writing...or having bronchitis and a sinus infection 😡😭

No comments:

Post a Comment