Stat

Saturday, January 7, 2023

Write what you know

No, thank you.

I mean, sure.  I'll write a bit about that, but why wouldn't I want to write about things I don't know but want to?

Google is my friend.  I'm that writer who will rabbit hole the hell out of something and find obscure but absolutely brilliant facts I can use, or simply file away, for my books.  My favorite is jotting down facts and being able to use them two books later because they fit.  Knowledge never goes out of style.  

I love to research mythology and etymology.  Where did these words and stories come from?  Botany is a big subject in this trilogy.  I need to know the poisonous from the pretty.  I'm also using some of the species names.  Insect hybrids.  Cartels.  Dante's Inferno.  Energy signatures.  Meteorological patterns.  Fibonacci sequence.  

Why would I limit myself to only things I know???  It's a great big world out there eager to help me learn.  I'm a student and will continue to be a student.  I love to learn new things and then pass them on to others.  Don't let it intimidate you.  Dive in.  Swim around.  Play with the dolphins.  Boop the shark.  You have no limits.  
Don't limit yourself.

Always writing*
...and booping sharks 


No comments:

Post a Comment