Stat

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

I'd like to thank the Academy

It's 12:36am.  I'm sitting in my chair in the Sanctuary, my office.  Simba is sacked out on the day bed, probably wondering why in the hell his mother is on the computer.
Great question.

Woke up at 11:42pm with a tickle in my throat.  Still have random little bs like that from the bronchitis.  Completely unamusing.  Bathroom trip.  Back to bed.  Then I try to calm myself back down enough to go to sleep.  It's not easy for me.  I sleep with ear plugs and a visor.  The Honey has to have the TV on.  I can't sleep with anything sensory going on.  Bad enough, sometimes the ear plugs don't cut it.  But I digress.

I let the mind wander around.  I like to entertain myself with visions of either speaking at a large book tour/conference, or this morning, it was being a guest on "Today" on NBC.  I talked about my book and the main character.  How it came about.  Then I started thinking about the book.  Then a piece of a scene came to me, and HERE WE ARE!!! 🥳 

It always comes back to the book.

Now that I've purged my wee brain, maybe I'll be able to go back to sleep.  
Maybe.

Always writing*
...not kidding, am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment