Stat

Monday, July 11, 2022

One week out

 I've been "retired" from the day job for one week.  I've also deep-cleaned 92% of the house, mowed the lawn, trimmed the trees, and kept myself remarkably busy.  Cleaning the Sanctuary now.  My office.  I'm on Day 3.  I'd put everything from my other desk in here, plus every other thing I didn't know where to place.  I can finally see the carpet again.  But I still need to clean off my desk and bookshelves.  And...dust.  Man, I am NOT a duster.  I don't mind laundry, dishes, or vacuuming.  But dusting?  The result is great.  The process?  😑

That's how I'm spending my day today.  Cleaning the Sanctuary.  Probably at least today and one more day since I'm moving and dusting everything.  I'm not a knick-knack person, but I've some of those in here.  I've a row of baby ceramic kitten an inch high.  I had to have them.  Now I have to dust them.  😊

Tomorrow is a bit cooler.  I'll probably make that an outside day.  At least early on.  Mid-nineties instead of hundreds.  *sigh*  

But.  About mid-week, I should be able to settle my ass right back into my office and completely focus back on the writing.  It's simply been a major upheaval with leaving the day job of 16 years and shuffling everything and readjusting (I still am).  Going to be a bit before I'm steady and have a routine that I can be comfortable with and trust.  But I'm getting there.  Things are finally falling into place, and it's a wonderful feeling.  It's an imperceptible click.  A feeling of rightness.  It's the same feeling I get when I'm writing and in the flow.  It's a knowing.  There's nothing better.

Always writing*

Even though right now I'm cleaning 😂  

No comments:

Post a Comment