Stat

Saturday, July 23, 2022

Saturday Saturday

 I am, once again, scantily clad with two fans blowing on me.  Believe me, nothing about this is remotely sexy.  I'd rather have pajama pants, my Kermit slippers, and a T-shirt on.  😑

Writing is the only item on the agenda today! *dancing*  

Okay.  While I was writing yesterday, the key to the entire series came to me.  Three beautiful lines that will dictate every action made.  Now.  I know what my trilogies are about.  I don't throw out a number and then frantically scramble around and try to make it work.  That's called being short-sighted, and I have enough shit going on without stressing myself out.  

But this clarity in these few words?  I literally pushed back from my desk and wallowed in the rightness of it.  Basked in the clarity.

Writers like to label themselves.  I don't like to label anything, and I sure as hell do NOT like to be labeled.  I both plot and freestyle.  I loathe the word "pantster."  I do NOT write by the seat of my pants.  Mad love to those who do.  I'm not knocking anyone.  Nor do I jot down the minutiae.

I use OneNote.  I have different tabs for characters and locations.  I can paste in pictures and type in dialogue as it comes to me.  

For example:  The Rivers Sisters Series has their own notebook.  Each book has their own tab.  Then underneath each tab are pages.  Megan's story, "Fascination", has a page where I posted visuals to represent the wild child's stories.

Here we have Megan, quite young, completely done with her red curly hair.  She decides to try a spell to straighten it.  And she does.  Into sticks.  I love her so much.








I'm a visual person, and I enjoy being able to use this tool to enrich my storytelling.  When my brain meanders, and I pick up a scene or dialogue from another story, I open the tab and jot it down so it's not lost.  That is one of the worst feelings in a writer's life.  Losing a piece of a tale that you swore you would remember.  Aches like a bad memory.

Now that I've prattled on a bit, I really AM off to weave words and let my mercenary girl have an extraordinarily unpleasant day.  😣

Always writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment