Stat

Sunday, July 17, 2022

Newton's First Law of Motion

A body in motion stays in motion.  I've discovered that to be quite true.  Two weeks into retirement, and I'm restless if I'm not doing something.  

I have a chronic pain disorder, and if I am NOT in motion, and I land somewhere, it's entirely too easy to stay there.  I'm not about that life.  I would rather be sore from deep-cleaning the house, trimming trees, hauling soil in a wheelbarrow, or a host of other physical activities.  Or planted in front of my computer weaving words and worlds.  Ideally, a nice mix of the two.  

I've started calling the days of my week "indoor" or "outdoor."  With it being a balmy 108 here in Oklahoma, those outdoor days start early and finish before noon.  Then I find something inside to do.  The indoor days find me in front of my computer working on one of the two dominant stories I'm focusing on right now.  I have an Erotic Romance short story nagging on me.  Oh, hell.  And another one.  Wait.  I could make a nice quartet out of them.  Wow.  That just came to me.  Love my wee brain sometimes.  Let me jot.  Okay.  Jotted.  How exciting!  🥳

But my major focus is Book One of a dark trilogy about a young female shapeshifting assassin and her siblings.  They are trying to find all of their brethren their homicidal fairy mother discarded in favor of keeping those offspring that showed her talent for murder.  Because their dear mother wants to start and win a war over the fairies and rule by death and destruction.  The war has already begun.

My other focus is on Book Four, Incantation, of my Rivers Sisters series.  Paisley, the youngest of the Rivers, botched a love spell when she was twelve and has been paying for it since.  But she's not the only one.  Those few words ruined another life.  They're about to cross paths, and neither has any idea of the consequences.  But power is up for grabs, and new players enter the game and will stop at nothing to take what they want.    

I have a group on FB that I've let go due to, you know...life.  Going to resurrect that.  I really don't know about Twitter.  So easy to become lost in all the chatter.  I'm useless on Instagram.  Maybe TikTok.  My problem is that I click on that damn app, and I am GONE.  😂  Rather defeats the purpose.  Ah, well.  I'll ponder all of this.   But for now, I'll leave you with a picture of my latest purchases.  They make my heart happy.  











Always writing*

no...really 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment