Stat

Sunday, June 12, 2022

Here's your sign

Inspiration is a wonderful chaotic quixotic being.  I say that with love in my heart.

Most people are looking for inspiration to create or continue or even begin.  That invisible push that keeps you on the path.  That drives you to the finish line.  That booming voice in your head CHEERING YOU ON!

My inspiration whispers.  Always has.  My brain did rock, paper, scissors this morning and decided to work on "C", which is the first book in my dark trilogy.  The inspiration for the book came from a single-word sign on a truck as I was driving down the highway.  One word triggered an entire book which then triggered two more.

Inspiration can literally be found anywhere.  It can be in the seed of a dandelion.  It can be in the curve of a woman's eyebrow.  It can be in the deep timbre of a man's voice.  It can be the shout of victory.  It can be the comfort of a police siren.  It can be your grandmother's soup.

Be open to what calls to you.

Mine happens to be an incredibly damaged young woman with no filters, little sense of self-preservation, and homicidal tendencies.  She and I are going to have so much fun today. 🥳 

Always writing*

No comments:

Post a Comment