Stat

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

To infinity...and beyond...

...and probably farther than that. 😬 

I'm editing "Chimera."  Again.  Yesterday I used the "find" option to look for those words I use I don't necessarily need.  And holy shit.  Easy to get real happy with certain words, isn't it?  Not one "very" which I was incredibly pleased about.  But "that"?  Oh, help me.  Half of those I simply deleted without changing any meaning to the sentence.  ARGH  
Crutch word.
A phrase I used ad nauseum.  And the word "started."  Oh, that one is a devil.  Horns and all.
But now it's tighter and leaner.  And it has me wondering.  Is that how I talk?  Going to be paying more attention to that.  
Sometimes I will literally edit what I say before I say it.  Do other writers do that?  
Endlessly fascinating.

Still on vacation.  Sitting in this uncomfortable ass chair and working on the words.  
EDITING
We're almost there, darling.  Almost there.

Always writing*
  

No comments:

Post a Comment