Stat

Saturday, May 6, 2023

Roll with it

I AM ON VACATION!!!

This was actually postponed from three years ago.  We were definitely overdue.  And while we will enjoy the sauna, grilling, and a different view...I still have editing.  Because of course I do.  😁
I've set up shop in the kitchen.  This place has a decided lack of desks.  It's disturbing.  And I can't type with my laptop on my lap.  Too wibbly wobbly.  

We brought the fur children.  My feline son has ants in his pants.  Can't seem to settle his cute little butt down.  We're staying for a week.  He was running this place Day 2 of the last time we were here.  

But back to the theme.
Roll with it.

I'm a creature of habit.  I like what I like how I like it.  I love my desk, my Sanctuary, and all my regular writing habits.  And I'm not someone who turns a corner easily, so this is a bit challenging.  But here I am.  Sitting at the kitchen table in a rigid wooden chair with my laptop and my special light-up keyboard because I need the familiarity of the clack clack clack of the keys.  My power cord to my laptop is stretched from table to cabinet.  And it's a bit uncomfortable.

But it's no more uncomfortable than sitting around and doing absolutely nothing with my writing.  That's simply unacceptable.  If I have to sit on the floor and put my laptop on a coffee table, I will.  If my ass goes numb, already halfway there now, I will still sit here and finish what I started.

Rarely is there a perfect writing day.  Those are for rich authors who can sequester themselves in a suite or writers' haven and only concentrate on one thing.  The rest of us juggle on the daily.  Squeeze this love in when we can.

Picture of Simba sleeping by my feet.  Obligatory feline son picture.

  

















Simply, write when you can, even in not-so-great circumstances.  You'll be glad you did.

Always writing*
...signed numb ass in Oklahoma

No comments:

Post a Comment