Stat

Thursday, May 18, 2023

It's been eight days since my last blog...

 ...forgive me.
I'm not even Catholic, yet I feel as though I should atone somehow. 😄

Currently taste-testing IngramSpark for "Chimera".  To say it's been an adventure would be the understatement of the year, so far.
I purchased ISBNs and barcodes.  It's a complete mind shift from Amazon, believe me.  And when I think I've finally found a toehold?  My foot slips.  
IngramSpark is more hands-on and interactive.  Amazon is plug and play.

It's taken me five days to create the cover I want.  Others could probably whip it out in two or three.  Good news?  Next time it'll take me around three.  The more I do, the easier it will be, and we all have to start somewhere.

I don't have someone who does any writing business things for me.  It's me, myself, and I.  Sometimes I want to light my hair on fire, and other times I'm the proudest heifer on planet earth.  
There are so many more facets to writing a book than tapping out a story, and I want to be proficient in all of them to give myself the best chance for success.  And I want the books I write to touch readers.  That's what I reach for anytime I sit at my computer.  Connection.  

If you want to write, just to write, please do.  And bless you if you have any type of help with any of it.  Writing can be sexy, but it is, after all, still work.  It reminds me of this meme that I love.



  












Always writing*

No comments:

Post a Comment