Stat

Sunday, March 19, 2023

Time is neither here nor there

I'm in a mood.  And if you respond, "Crystal.  When are you NOT in a mood?"  I'm going to respond, "Valid," and continue blogging.

Time has been on my mind quite a bit this morning.  Creeping about.  Weaving its way through my thoughts.  I was ready to go down the rabbit hole and Alice the Wonderland the everloving SHIT out of the subject.  I hop on ye trusty ol' laptop and Google "time is subjective."  And who should pop up?  Einstein.  I peruse the results and realize this genius already stated time is an illusion.  Smart fella.  I had to pull myself back because I wanted to play with his idea of three dimensional vs four dimensional and the difference being ontology, which is the study of BEING in metaphysics.  😲
Had to moonwalk out of there for the time being.
What I want to address is the perspective of time for individuals.

I could do a month-long series about how half an hour is different for:
a parent waiting for bedtime for their child
a blind date getting ready
a woman waiting for the results of the lump in her breast
a skating party
a New Year's first kiss

But I'm narrowing it down to the tiny gift of time.  The moments someone has given you some of theirs.  I'm extremely aware what I'm asking when I need reviews or sound bites.  When I ask for beta readers or extra eyes.  I'm asking for time.  I'm asking for you to set down everything else and give me something precious that has infinite value.  Time.  
I respect if you are unable to give me that.  I'm on page 15 out of 27 for book reviewers.  I've contacted perhaps 8 or 9.  Half are willing to review and/or do an interview.  The other half are booked or trying to scale down their workload because of time constraints.  I see you and wish you the best.  No one owes you their time.  But when they're willing to give you some of it?
Appreciate it.  It's invaluable.

Always writing*


No comments:

Post a Comment