Stat

Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Unbelievable

I feel strongly about using AI to write anything.  I simply won't.  It completely defeats the purpose.  The struggle?  That's part of the process.  It's also part of the growth and reflection every writer needs.  What I do NOT need is to hit a button and watch AI vomit out a story as generic as it is.  I'm sure it's incredibly quick and may even be a usable story.  I would rather reach up into my own body, grab my ovaries, and tie them in a knot.  Feel me?

Ads are exploding all over my FB for "tired writers" who just can't quite seem to manage to blog.  Okay.  I try to blog every 3-5 days.  And usually something, EXACTLY LIKE THIS, has triggered my short ass.  But if not?  There are a million things to write about in terms of either my professional or personal life.  And if I'm not up for it?  Then I don't blog.  I don't whine about it and then goose a robot and invite it to write on here.  This is mine.  My thoughts and feelings.  That's like not wanting to "Mom" for a day so I grab a stranger off the street and ask if they'll take care of my child for a bit.
NO THE HELL FUCKING NO WE DO NOT DO THAT

Writing isn't easy, but it's a labor of love.  I'm stressing the term "labor" here, kids.  You receive what you put into it, and it needs a lot.  Tapping a few buttons and having anything else write YOUR story isn't being a writer.  The relationship isn't there.  You're two strangers on writersmatch.com.  And you may not like what you get.

I think we're still in the honeymoon phase of this nonsense, and it's going to take off for a bit.  It won't last long for the real writers.  The Stephen Kings and the Margaret Atwoods.  They won't even give it breathing room.  Because they're too busy writing.

Always writing*
...my own stories 

No comments:

Post a Comment