Stat

Sunday, March 12, 2023

Spreading a good word

It's been a week of finding reviewers, marketing strategies, and eyeballing ads.
I'd rather have my "well woman" exam in my driveway.  😣

It's exhausting.  I'm only now halfway through 27 pages of bloggers who might review one of my many books.  I can only swim through so many a day before my eyes start blurring.  And ads?  Whoever said you had to spend money to make money is an asshole.  They're right, but they are an asshole.  The few high-end sites I've contacted about ads run anywhere from $500-$1000.  Really guys?  Are you guaranteeing sales because somehow I doubt it.  If you scale down, say to a week on one of said sites, it's only $130.  Still, a bit steep.  And the thousand dollar, LITERAL, question is:  will it pay off?
I don't have money falling out of my ass.  Pity.  So when I put money into something, I need a return.  Period.  I feel as though there is an untapped resource of readers and reviewers out there.  I'd love some access.

The absolute best advertising?
Word-of-mouth.  When I see friends and followers on my Inman Books page on FB share my posts?  I'm ecstatic.  It's the biggest boost and reaches a much farther audience.  It's advertising you literally can't pay for because it's grass roots and means so much more.  That's the real deal.  A friend of a friend.  A sibling who loves to read but may not be on Facebook.  A daughter who shows her mom what she's reading right now.  

That's been my week.  Busy little bastard.  
I've put my Inman Books on sale for Spring Break so hop on Amazon and grab some great reads on the cheap!

Always writing*
...and marketing and looking at ads and searching for reviewers and beta readers


No comments:

Post a Comment