Stat

Friday, November 18, 2022

Nurse Ratched

The Honey had left knee replacement surgery Monday.  I've been existing on snickers and green Monsters.  Now, I had my right hip replaced last March so I knew a bit about what to expect.  By the way, I love my hip, Dr. K., and my PT chickie who I described as an evil Kristen Bell.  But I digress.

It is NOT easy.  We are independent women.  I had the dubious honor of basically cramming my love and help down her throat.  😂  And she doesn't want to BOTHER anyone.  In pain and didn't want to call the nurse.  Oh, so help me.  I nearly beat her with her pillow.  I think we've overcome that hurdle.  Or not taking a pain pill fifteen minutes earlier while she's practically writhing in pain.  Once again, I had to threaten bodily harm.  😑  But we're making progress!

Both of us.  I made myself eggs for breakfast! 🥳

My problem is I tend to neglect myself while caring for others.  I lived off rice krispie treats when my baby child had her baby child last September. 😶 We all have our things.  🙄

The Honey has taken to calling me Nurse Ratched, and I laugh.  I promised to live up to the name if she doesn't behave.  Better get used to me and my methods now.  She's having the right knee done in February. 😎

Always writing*

...and being THAT nurse...

No comments:

Post a Comment