Stat

Tuesday, September 12, 2023

The Audacity

I submitted "Canary" to a book magazine to see if one of the many editors would pick it to write a review. I received an email stating yesterday that they all passed.
For a literal millisecond, my feelings were hurt. Then I immediately shifted to--the audacity.
Then I laughed because that's probably what they were thinking about me. πŸ˜„
I've never heard of this author. Which may have been followed by any number of things. Not enough this. Not enough that. Que sera sera. 
But I'm still at--The Audacity.
I am one audacious soul. I freely admit it. 
I'm bold. Spirited. I'm a balls-out kinda girl.  And I always think in these situations--I took a chance. Why can't you?
Give it a shot. If you hate it, all's fair.
And this goes with everything. Sixty years old and want to go back to college???  Baby...GO!  Rooting for you! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Having a baby late in life?  All the blessings for you and the tiny one. πŸΌπŸ’

Did this stop me in my professional tracks?  Ah, no.  *snort* Hurt my feelings for a millisecond. Irritated me for about twice that. Then pushed my drive button even harder.

Speaking of that. I'm booking for author events next year. August 17th is locked in. Poking around in February, March, and May, I think. I'll post when I have things finalized.
Also doing November 18th, a Saturday, this year at the Sapulpa library. More info to come on that the closer the date.

Don't let anyone take a bite out of your dreams. Or stomp the edges. You keep working. Polish the edges. 
Love it to life.

Always writing*
...and looking for places to listen to me talk or simply let me sell my books...😁

No comments:

Post a Comment