Stat

Thursday, August 24, 2023

I love libraries

 I'm a library kid.

Practically lived in one as a child. Spent every summer in one for years until I turned sixteen and worked as a shelver for two years.
Then back to it, right around eighteen years later, to start as a shelver for three months and then hire on full-time in Circulation. Worked for sixteen years.
Books are everything to me.

When I took early retirement, I knew I would miss my coworkers. Complete no-brainer. But the stacks. THE STACKS! To walk through and run my finger down hundreds of spines. Look at the new books. Smell the old books. Find new authors. Reread old series. Look at covers. Read blurbs. Admire. Feel. Immerse.

Libraries are timeless treasures that hold timeless treasures.

When I found out Chimera is available in libraries in at least six states and Canada, I nearly hyperventilated.

THIS IS PART OF MY DREAM! I want readers from all over the world to be able to read my books. And libraries, those beautiful, venerable, and cherished institutions, are helping my dream. 💖

Much love to my libraries and librarians! I see you! You'll always be my home away from home. 😊😌

Always writing*
...and reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment