Stat

Tuesday, June 20, 2023

I write.

I've written, to publish, since 2005. I put together a website. I started a blog. I was committed to it. 

A fire burned my home to the ground in 2006.

I started over.

But it's hard to set aside the time when you work forty hours and commute an hour a day. A million issues with the loss of the house and several relationships.

Moved to town. A hundred and six more issues. Not an ideal time to work on writing. Dedicated myself to my kids and job.

Fast forward myself to now. I write full-time. The game is completely different. You don't send SASEs and receive form letters shoved back in them. Most use query tracker (I LOVE QUERY TRACKER), and it's all online. 

Need new website, blog, Twitter, Insta, TikTok, FB page, etc. It's crazy how much as changed (good or bad) and how much has evolved for the better.

Googled myself today. The first site to pop with my name is LinkedIn! My website IS in flux as my tech mistress is working on a brand new site. 

Sites in order:

LinkedIn
Amazon Author Page
Simon & Schuster Author Page
Goodreads
ThriftBooks!!!
InmanBooks
Twitter

That floors me. Truly. Need to work on raising a couple of those sites in the results. I feel my website needs to be in the top spot with Amazon and Simon & Schuster right below. 

Goals.

Always writing* 

No comments:

Post a Comment