Stat

Thursday, February 1, 2024

Matryoshka Dolls

I've always been fascinated by these. I'm not sure if it's the way they nest, or the fact they're perfectly copied. The name Matryoshka is beautiful. I read that it means "little matron" or basically "mother".

I have mental Matryoshka dolls all the damn time. I will open the largest, then the next, next, etc. I'll have all the tops and bottoms separated while I study them. And then I'll start putting them together in whichever order suits me.

My short ass is putting together an author's newsletter. Except I'm driving the struggle bus. I've fourteen tabs open. I've BookFunnel, Payhip, MailChimp, and the usual suspects open. Oh...MULTIPLE for the three I first mentioned.

Four days of stacking and sorting and studying my Matryoshkas. Shutting tabs until I was fairly confident of my success in this new world. Putting the ladies back together the way they should be. 

When I'm finished, I put the ladies back on their shelf. Until the next time.

Always writing* 

No comments:

Post a Comment