Stat

Sunday, February 4, 2024

I'm astonished.

I bought PublisherRocket yesterday and have been playing with it since. It's an amazing tool that breaks down keyword and category searches on Amazon. It has tutorials. And it's full of information for authors. Handy ass tool I'm glad I have now.

But...and I say this as calmy as I can...I can now see which books are making bank and in which categories with what keywords they are using. Thus, the purpose of the site.

There is a book that is about an ungodly rich man having a one-stand with a virgin. They run into each other as their company's are doing business with each other. And there, on the landing page of the book, it states that it's a rich hero, virgin heroine, one-night stand, workplace romance HEA.
*blinks*
It's making bank.

There's no mystery. I've given you the entire book in the last paragraph. That's not a blurb, it's the damn book. And readers are eating it up. When I started publishing, we had to choose fewer categories, but that's not my point. I didn't publish a book that had:  Rich paranormal man uses false ad to imprison virgin woman to bear child. Rules of the contract prohibit further contact. Intrusive mother-in-law. Alpha male. HEA.
That's What He Wants, by the way.

I suppose I'll follow the trend, y'all know I hate the hell out of it. AND, of course the covers all look the same, and heaven forbid we buck that trend.
Hard being a visionary. 

Always writing*
...and researching...and flexing...

No comments:

Post a Comment