Stat

Thursday, January 4, 2024

Shall we?

I took time over the Christmas holiday to step back from the writing a bit. Did I make notes? Sure. Did I type up my goals? Uh huh. Did I completely rearrange the Sanctuary? Of course I did!
But I didn't sit down in front of my computer and physically work on anything.
Today is my first day back.
And I'm conflicted because of course I am!
(small sidenote: the Honey has strep and an ear infection. I'm dreading the day her germs may catch up with me and overtake my immunocompromised system, and I fall to the enemy. will update as needed.)

Two completely different stories. 
One is a Contemporary Romance which could lead into a series.
Two is a different sort of romance I've never read. That's why I need to write it. And the characters are quieter in my head but incredibly persistent.

I can usually tell, by this far in, which story I will cater.
No such luck.
Both are giving dialogue. I've opened OneNote Notebooks on both. 
I've never written two books at once, and I truly don't wish to start now. 

My fear is that the fibro will screw me up somehow (fibro fog). On the other hand, I have two, they're so different perhaps I should try?
But that's giving four or five characters access to my headspace 24/7 instead of the usual two or three. That's a lot of voices, even for me. You know, plus the regular crowd.
And if I DO allow two books, is that what the future will look like? 
Characters simply bipping in when they want, setting up shop, and monopolizing my attention?
Do I hate that?
Nope. Not gonna lie.

Will I forget showers, eating, and my name? Mebbe...😑
sigh
I digress.

Maybe I'll work on both. I certainly need to cleanse the palate before I write "Canary: Out of the Shadows", the third and final book in the "Canary" series. 
Plan on finishing five titles this year. We'll see what shakes out.

Stay warm, my lovelies!

Shall we begin?

Hello, 2024.

Always writing*

No comments:

Post a Comment