Stat

Sunday, January 14, 2024

Bon bons?

I throw myself back on the bed with a dramatic swish of my sea-green satin gown. The back of my right hand meets my forehead, and I sigh loudly. "I need the bon bons."

Hell yes, I need the bon bons. I don't think I've ever had a bon bon. But that was a running joke when I took early retirement. Lazing around. Eating bon bons. 

I do not live a bon bon life. Like...I'm curious about that tier of whatever that's called, but I would lose my shit after about six hours of it. 

Been under the weather the past four or so days. The Honey still has her lingering coughing. She had strep and an ear infection. Daughter had strep. Gbabies were sick. I don't think I had it as bad as they did, but mine came with body flares (thanks fibro, you absolute shit) and headaches. Sudden onset headaches. Not a fan.

I'm firming up my 2024 schedule with writing, appearances, etc. Starting on two new books, Contemporary Romance and that always different Other. My FB posts and my Gmail are blowing up like floats at Macey's Parade. All I could do was sort and stack.

I'd rather be busy than bon bonning. I'd rather be absolutely losing my mind over putting the perfect paragraph together or booking the right hotel or applying for an Author Event than massacring the chocolate.

Maybe some people simply aren't bon bon people. I don't think that signifies the "good life" for me. 
I'm looking more for all the family roasting s'mores at a big cabin. Having a personal assistant I can be manic with. Knowing readers are looking forward to reading my stories.
Yeah. 
That beats a bon bon any day.

Always writing*
...I think I'm prioritizing the "Other"... 

No comments:

Post a Comment