Stat

Saturday, June 15, 2024

Yahtzee

Before I started writing this morning, I wanted to blog. Wasn't quite sure of my topic until I opened PublisherRocket to do research on a couple of books.
I'm writing a book that isn't a romance. Not remotely. I think I've found my niche, and I'm excited about it. Caveat:  I will always write romance. 💖

PublisherRocket is a tool for looking at books, keywords, sales, insights, and various other back-end items I never thought about before but make a HUGE difference now. I wanted to see how many authors write what I'm writing now.
Not many.
I looked at some of the successful ones. Looked up their keywords. Then I had a moment of...hold on.
What's the difference between Fantasy and Supernatural? Am I getting this all wrong?
For those unsure, I give you this:

Fantasy usually takes place in another world, where fantastical creatures or magic are normal. In supernatural fiction, though, magic and monsters are not the norm and the mystery of such things is usually closely intertwined in the plot.

Makes perfect sense. Love that. But I also found in some of these keywords that authors used both on some books. That line in the sand disappears, I think, for some readers. I'm going to go check my keywords and make sure I'm utilizing them as best I can. Another tool. 

Always writing*
...oh...and I watched some season 4 Stranger Things in preparation... 

No comments:

Post a Comment