Stat

Thursday, June 6, 2024

Enneagrams

The Enneagram of Personality, or simply the Enneagram, is a model of the human psyche which is principally understood and taught as a typology of nine interconnected personality types.
Sounds a bit woo-woo, doesn't it?
But not really.

Any personality test gives a set of questions and narrows down answers into different personality traits. Makes sense. Then the answers are grouped together with a cool name that shows how these different personalities handle situations and how they respond in general.
I'm a sucker for these. 
But I hadn't thought about the enneagram much until a fellow author posted about reading Reclaim Your Author Career by Claire Taylor. Into the cart and onto the van it went.
Received it yesterday and am almost finished my first read-through.

Writers should also have Continuing Education. We need to keep our minds as well as our pencils sharp. You cannot keep cranking out books without also working on improving your craft. Writing evolves, and writers must evolve, also. Nothing in this profession is one and done. It's not a cookie-cutter business. Writers must keep reaching. Readers will appreciate the effort.

I'm excited to put what I've learned into my writing to make it better. And that, my lovelies, is ALWAYS the point. 💖

I'm a 5...apparently it's the most difficult, because of course it is...😶


No comments:

Post a Comment