Stat

Friday, February 3, 2023

It really happened

Stories come to me in fits and starts.  I cannot write a story without a title.  A title, in fact, often tells me the entire story.  Dialogue comes to me at all times of the day.  I jot it down in OneNote or on my Notes in my iPhone.  Scenes come to me as I'm trying to fall asleep at night.  Those go in Notes.

But never, have I EVER, had a complete story come to me while I'm laying in bed somewhere between conscious and unconscious over the course of about three hours.
Title, characters, premise, plot, scenes, dialogue, twists, and even a fucking theme song.  
😌 
What the what?

I've opened OneNote with its own notebook.  I've thirteen tabs open.  I've dialogue, pictures, and scenes written in.  Characters have their own tabs.  I love this weird little book.  Because, let me let the cat out of its little bag...this is an odd book.  It's Contemporary, mostly.  I mean, it is.  But it also has Fantasy elements so there's that.  But little ones.  I mean, nothing big.  Plus, there's some other stuff.  Should I count that in, too?
I'll worry about giving this some proper whatever the crap genre later.

Is there anything better than being lost in your head in a book your writing with the theme song playing in the background, and your fingers tapping on the keyboard?
Not much, my dears.
Not.  Damn.  Much.

Always writing*
...apparently some new story where I can see all the walls at once

No comments:

Post a Comment