Stat

Thursday, August 29, 2024

The world keeps spinning

I'm in the "WOAH WOAH, you wily bitch...slow your ass down" phase.

It's Thursday, right?

Monday, I got up at 3:35 in the AM because a family member had surgery. Didn't leave the hospital until nearly eleven. Vaguely remember arriving home to shove something in my mouth and fell into bed where I stayed until nine the next morning.
Body? Displeased. Brain? Slightly scrambled. 😬 

Tuesday, I picked up groceries. Well, I park, and the wonderful associates at 'Hood Mart bring them out to me. Shout out to EJ and Kameron! Brought them home(the groceries, not the associates) and attempted to meal prep and whatnot. Was in the kitchen until two in the afternoon. Trying Keto. Wore myself out. In rocker recliner rest of day.

Wednesday morning, I received a text from hospitalized family member saying she's sprung, and I put on clothes and drove down to rescue her. We waited for Rx to be filled. Three out of four. 😒 Dropped her at home and then came back to the city to go to Sam's to finish the rest of the grocery list. 

It's hot.
Have y'all noticed?
The heat wears on me like bags of sand around my waist. I feel like I'm swimming in mud uphill. I loathe it. So I grab a cart I can lean on and amble into Sam's. 
Grab my stuffs.
Check out my stuffs.
Drag my ass back to my car.
Unload.
Park cart.
Shuffle back to car.
Start car and put air on HIGH.
Leave butterfly shades on front because I'm sweating like a dog. 
Eventually cool down enough remove shades and get the hell home.
Repeat grocery hell.

Strip down and slingshot bra (secretly hoping to never see it again). Lay on bed. Fan on. Briefly wonder what day it is and decide I really don't give a shit.

End scene.

Actually in the Sanctuary today. Hoping to write before it gets too hot in here to do so. I'M DONE WITH SUMMER, THANK YOU.

Always writing*
...and bitching about this bullshit heat...

No comments:

Post a Comment