Stat

Monday, July 15, 2024

Hello my FBI friend AKA Google me this

We all joke about it. How could we not?

Everyone Googles weird shit now and again. I do it on the daily. Most of it, of course, is tied to my writing and research. 
I need to KNOW things. But my problem is not stopping at surface level. I keep digging until my hands are filthy and my itchy grey matter has been sated. I often wonder what my little FBI friend on the other side of my Google searches thinks. 😲

I need to know what a body dropped at great heights looks like. Do you know your organs rearrange themselves? They shift and deform because of the intensive vibration in the body. Fascinating.
What military-issue knife is best for killing somebody?
What's a regular-size scalpel?
How many bones can be broken in a body before someone actually dies?
What does burnt heroin smell like? Burnt flesh?
What does a sulfuric acid burn look like? That was a short search.
Mapping a brain.
Vibrational frequencies.

Yesterday, I Googled serial killers, for reasons, and it was intriguing and horrifying.
Because there is SO MUCH information about them, their methodology, and their victims. I still have the tab open because I need more background. And we still know, IMO, so little.
There are similarities, of course, but not all serial killers are cut from the same cloth.
And the simple reason listed that there are more men serial killers than women?
Men are more violent.
I disagree on the reasoning.
How many serial killers will the average person walk by in a lifetime? 36. 😮
That's terrifying.

Sometimes I want to Google something and add "for research" at the end, as if that might take me off a Watch List. 😄
Google something awful and then the next search be something like "bunnies frolicking in a park" to tone down the harshness. 😉
Or maybe throw Criminal Minds under the search bus because I could probably get away with *ahem* murder. 😌

Hey! If the wonderfully warped Stephen King hasn't been taken off the streets yet, I should be gold, right?
RIGHT?
*mumbles* I'm a writer. 
sheesh

Always writing*
...usually inappropriate...



No comments:

Post a Comment