Stat

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Billionaires

My thoughts on billionaires in real life is not kind. Twenty years ago, the word "billionaire" didn't exist in my every day vocabulary. Why would it? But it's become quite the popular romance trope. Trope is also a new word in my vernacular. And as I typed it, I thought to myself...isn't that the same thing as motif? After a quick Google, it basically is. Shout out to my old ass. 🥳 

Billionaires are popular in romance in right now with all sorts of different spikes on the wheel. B Mafia. B Playboy. B Secret Baby. B Marriage of Convenience. B BDSM.

The appeal is broad. We readers love our fantasy worlds. How nice would it be to have a lover who you didn't have to bargain with over groceries? You can still buy the expensive apples, and he can have beef AND pork in his meatloaf. 😲 You know all the bills will be paid on time, no late fees. You wouldn't have to cook, if you didn't want. There would be a cleaning staff. 

The billionaire? He would dote on you. Worship you. Maybe he was a little bossy, but he could bend you like a pretzel and make you like it. Experimentation is a plus. He would be skilled and show you the one-orgasm at a time method is outdated.

If there were an online application process, it would overload the servers and shutdown the internet. But make no mistake, this is what a lot of women want. And if they can't live it, they want to read about it.

I've three billionaire romances in planning stages. I've started on the first of four. Not gonna lie. I'm enjoying it from this perspective, too. 😄 

Always writing*

No comments:

Post a Comment