Stat

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Who has the time?

Oh, I feel this one in my SOUL.

Time is a precious commodity.  No one feels like they ever have enough of it.
I can completely relate.

I work forty+ hours a week.  I have a two-hour daily commute.  I fit in at least one visit with my grandson and younger daughter per week.  I try to hit the gym for weights two to three times a week with Zumba/Cardio Dance classes on Saturday/Sunday.

My today looks like this:
5:30 am  Wake up and curse everything.
5:45 am  Roll my ass out of bed and shuffle to the kitchen.
6:00 am  Two pieces of toast and some skim milk.
6:19 am  Shower and dress.
6:39 am  Leave the hacienda.
7:39 am  Arrive at day job.  More cursing.
8:30 am  Start work day.  (I'll spare you the gory details.  Just picture:  The Upside Down.)
5:30 pm  Finish work day.
6:30 pm  Arrive at Mademoiselle for weight training.
8:00 pm  Leave Mademoiselle.
8:15 pm  Home
8:30 pm  Eat something that is quick and easy.  Hello again, toast.  *eye roll*  Or perhaps ice-cream from the carton.  One never knows...
9:00 pm  BED.  SO MUCH BED.
*blink*
It's 5:30 am again.

When do I have time to write?
Well.  I'm writing all the time.  Usually up in my cranium.  I'll jot notes on my phone and incorporate them when I have time which usually coincides with the weekend.  Saturdays and Sundays are my days to sit and immerse myself in the words/stories.  I can bang out anywhere from 3000-6000 words depending on if I'm feeling it, and I tug a thread that stays steady.

But my point, and I do have one, is that time can be maneuvered and manipulated.  I jot down notes on my breaks at work.  I work on advertising and networking on lunch.

You have to keep clicking to make a dent.  So that's my wish for you today.  Bend that time to your will.  Shape and reshape it.  Take time for self.  Take time to do something that your soul requires.
You'll be better for it.

Always writing*


No comments:

Post a Comment