Stat

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Indelible

Anything that truly touches me leaves an indelible mark.  I'm not simply referring to a good deed witnessed or practiced.  All those YouTube videos of people reuniting with their important ones.  A dying person's last wish fulfilled.
All of these are truly important.
But indelible, to me, means touching my soul.  It could be a present from my five-year old child from the school Christmas Store.  Or perhaps the memory of laughing so hard in the car with the kids I nearly drove off the road.
Love and laughter.
They stick.

That's the magic.

I find those things at the core of every book I write.  I'll tell anyone who will listen that EVERY story is a Love Story.
Either searching for love or destroying it.  Embracing it.  Lack of it.  Sharing it.  Love of self.  Love of others.  Love how that steak tastes on the grill.
Facetious?
Maybe a bit.

But a truly indelible memory brings all senses into play.  The fuller the experience, the deeper the mark.

A good book will take you there.  You'll live and laugh and love with the characters.  You'll miss them when you finish the story.  You feel as though you've watched a movie instead of simply reading a book.
You were there.
You were a PART of that magic.
That's what I wish for you whether you read my book or anyone else's.
I wish you magic.

Always writing*


No comments:

Post a Comment