Stat

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Overnight success

An oxymoron, if I've ever heard one.

Creative people, writers-singers-painters, dream of being "discovered".  You're out there minding your own, manuscript under arm, when you come across someone who just happens to read your work and offers you a six figure advance.
And you thought Cinderella was a fairy tale.

I love listening to people's stories.  The hot new artist that's been selling CDs out of his trunk for five years.  The painter who has had a brush in his hand for the past decade but just now has a showing at a large gallery.  The songwriter who has been writing for twelve years but now has a hit of her own.

It takes work.
It takes time.
It takes commitment.

I literally cringe when I see that I started my Rivers Sisters series in 2011.  SIX YEARS AGO.  And other works as well.  The last "save" date beyond five years makes me shake my head.
Time passes anyway.

Was rather a hard time for me so I understand why I didn't get back to it then.  But I DID get back to it.

You need to do the same.
Invest in yourself, and love what you do.

I'll be damned if I'm going to wait even another year to put my works out there.
It's my time.

Always writing*


No comments:

Post a Comment