Stat

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Beautiful stories

Some of the most beautiful stories are songs.  Condensing an entire tale into three or four minutes is brilliant.
One of my favorites, after all these decades, is El Paso by Marty Robbins.  Released in 1959, before my birth, I used to listen to it with my Mom and sister on 8-track.  My heart would break at the end.  Every.  Single.  Time.
That's powerful.
You have CCR in '69 with Fortunate Son.
And one of my favorites from the moment I heard it:  Lose Yourself by Eminem.

Words can touch in so many ways.  You can set them to music.  You can roll out some iambic pentameter.  You can write 65,000 of them to create a story of your heart.

So let me know.
What are your favorite songs that tell stories that you'll never be tired of listening to?

Always writing*

No comments:

Post a Comment